Certification at a glance.
- Verify whether SHRM certification fits within your career goals.
- Determine your appropriate exam level
- Validate your eligibility to take the exam.
- Confirm your readiness: Do you have the time? Do you have the energy? Do you have the commitment? Do you have the funding and the support?
Apply & Schedule
- Determine when you want to test: May – Jul. or Dec.– Feb.
- Apply during an open application window.
- Arrange testing accommodations, if needed.
- Schedule your exam at a test center or test remotely via remote proctoring.
- Start with the SHRM BASK.
- Add SHRM Learning System preparation options: self-study, instructor-led, or prepare as a team.
- Check out the Ace Your SHRM Certification Exam, Second Edition
- Join a SHRM local chapter study group.
- Take learning to the next level with additional resources: SHRM Preparation Webinars, Ace Your SHRM Certification Book/E-Book.
- 134 questions, 4 hours in length.
- Covers the 9 behavioral competencies and 14 functional areas of the SHRM BASK.
- Passing score is 200, Results are communicated immediately.
- Use the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP designation letters after your name.
- Receive your complimentary digital certificate. Purchase an optional framed certificate if desired.
- Receive a digital badge and accept it to share on social media.
- Have your name listed in the SHRM Certification Directory.
- Recertify every 3 years from the date you become certified.
- Recertify with Professional Development Credits (PDCs) or by re-taking the exam.
- If recertifying with PDCs earn 60 within your 3-year recertification cycle.
- Recertify by your recertification cycle end date.